This blog will cover me making this kevlar Vagabond Poke boat a more comfortable, and seaworthy solo canoe, while still keeping it light enough to hand carry from truck to the water....all critiques/advice is welcome!

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Adjustable Minicell Seat Concept

Special thanks to canoe modding legend Mike McCrea for advice on carving a seat out of mini-cell foam, but for my needs i cannot permanently glue the seat into my hull because i plan on sleeping on my Vagabonds floor occasionally. 
I sketched these concepts around NorthWaters glue-on anchor products (colored red in these sketches)...These unique nylon webbing anchors will make it possible for me to remove the minicell seat when i need to. Straps are glued/sandwiched between two minicell blocks and should hold strong as glue likes large surface area to adhere to. 
NorthWater offers a similar idea:
My Vagabonds empty cockpit hull:



No comments:

Post a Comment